Daimon, the main gate to Koyasan, was rebuilt in 1705. It is a multistoried tower gate that stands 25.1 meters high. The statues of the guardian gods at both sides of the gate were made by Buddhist sculptors Koi and Uncho during the Edo period. The gate is also a place where beautiful sunsets can be viewed and is lit up at night, creating a mystical spectacle.
Koyasan, Koya Town
|Access||Ride the Koya Rinkan Bus from Nankai Koyasan Station and get off at "Daimon"|
|Access by Car||From the Wakayama Kita Interchange on the Hanwa Expressway towards Hashimoto, take Prefectural Road 139 and National Route 24, 480 towards Koya for approximately 46 km.|
- 大門 Dai-mon Gate
- Address 伊都郡高野町高野山 Koyasan, Koya Town
|Contact||Kongobu-ji Head Temple|